FLEMISH MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Who are we?
The Department of Education and Training of the Flemish Community of Belgium is a part of the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training. The Department supports the Flemish Minister of Education with policy development, ranging from early childhood to lifelong learning. One of the key priorities for higher education is enhancing the implementation of the Bologna process, nationally and across the EHEA. The development of opportunities, which allow students of any age or background to have access to quality higher education is a major aim.
Within the Department, the Division for Higher Education is responsible for the Flemish partnership in MICROBOL.
Why we are participating in the project
The Flemish Community of Belgium, one of the early-adopters of the Bologna process, has implemented many of the Bologna objectives, and is very much aware of the new challenges that are posed in the area of new teaching and learning and digitalisation. The Ministry is coordinating several Erasmus+ projects on policy development and policy support. For MICROBOL, the ministry has nominated staff with extensive experience in Bologna implementation processes, peer learning activities and project coordination.
Our role in the project
The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training is the project coordinator of MICROBOL. Its main responsibilities include:
- Leading the International Steering Committee
- Preparing the Kick-Off conference in collaboration with ENQA
- Leading the Working Group on Quality Assurance, in collaboration with the experts
- Preparing the framework on microcredentials, in collaboration with the experts
- Preparing and reporting on the final conference
- Running the overall management of the project
- Monitoring of progress against deadlines
- Communication between the partners and with the Executive Agency (EACEA)
- Financial management of the project
- Dissemination of the MICROBOL project results (regionally, nationally and internationally).